My Community Alert logo
Humberside Police Logo Humberside Fire Logo Humberside PCC Logo

Can you Help

Alert message sent 19/07/2021 14:27:00

Information sent on behalf of Humberside Police

Can you help?

Dear Residents,
We are writing to local residents as part of increasing the amount of positive legal action taken against people who possess illegal drugs, sell drugs or grow their own at home. In order to help you make your community safer and drug free, we need your help in reporting such matters.
Illegal drugs can come in many different forms and it can sometimes be difficult to know if someone is possesses them, selling them or growing/manufacturing them. Common signs that this may be happening include;
* lots of visitors to a property who don’t stay for very long
* strange smells when people are smoking or strange smells coming from a property
* people who appear drunk but don’t smell of alcohol
* syringes and/or blackened spoons being discarded
* a sudden change in demeanour from people arriving at a property to them leaving (e.g. arrived looking fine and left with * slurred speech, unsteady walking, shouting, appears to be “hyper”, aggression)
* The occupant of a house regularly meeting people in a particular place (e.g. street corner, phone box) and returning not long after.
* Windows being permanently blocked out
* People going to the “wrong house” and asking for drugs (many drugs have street/slang names eg spice, hash, meow meow, crack, brown, dope, phets, skunk, smack, an eighth, a key)
There are various ways to report suspected drugs possession, dealing and/or cultivation/production and any associated anti social behaviour;
Telephone Humberside Police on 101 (999 for emergencies) or Visit our website
Contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
You can report matters ANONYMOUSLY if you prefer, we do not need to come to your home.
If you, or anyone you know may benefit from support in reducing their illegal drug use or you are concerned about someone who may be using drugs you can contact the following agencies;
REFRESH -           The service is for young people, parents and careers. Refresh will work with people to prevent, reduce and treat the harm caused by drug, alcohol and solvent use. They can be contacted on 331059 or by email at
FRANK -               If you have any questions or are worried about someone you think may be using drugs, you can call Frank on 0300 1236600 or visit the website
RENEW -              Hull ReNew is a free and confidential drug and alcohol service for adults, families, careers and affected others they can be contacted on 01482 620013 or email
We hope you find this letter informative. Most of the legal action that is taken by Humberside Police is following information given to us by members of the public who are fed up with the issues of drugs and anti-social behaviour blighting their home life.
Your continued support is appreciated and assists us in helping to make your community a safer, peaceful and enjoyable place to live.

Thank You
Humberside Police

Visit our website for crime prevention advice
*Links and attachments: Humberside Police will only ever link you to secure web-sites we trust. We will only send you attachments where we believe it is absolutely necessary.
Message sent by
Martin Wood (Police, PCSO, Hull North)

Message tag words

Back to previous page
Click here to tweet this message to your followers

Discuss this alert message

Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).

The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to

The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service.
My Community Alert footer crest