My Community Alert logo
Humberside Police Logo Humberside Fire Logo Humberside PCC Logo

Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Alert message sent 18/05/2021 14:00:00

Information sent on behalf of Humberside Police

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) 

Dear Residents,
Victoria Dock has seen an increase in Anti-Social Behaviour over the past few weeks and it remains a hotspot for the Drypool ward. Residents need to feel secure and live without the fear or threat of crime and disorder. This will be achieved through a range of interventions, based on the key elements of prevention, education and enforcement.
Anti-Social Behaviour

Antisocial behaviour (ASB) is any conduct that has caused or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to any person.  It comes in many forms of behaviour that provoke a range of responses, from mild annoyance to overwhelming fear and insecurity.  Incidents may be isolated or within a pattern of behaviour, and ASB can have a devastating effect on the lives of people and their communities.
Depending on the nature of the behaviour, it can be dealt with by the police or the antisocial behaviour team at your local council.

In an emergency, call 999.

ASB dealt with by police:

The following issues should be reported to police: by calling 101, or 999 in an emergency:
ASB which occurs as part of a criminal offence, for example Threats to Kill or assault
Deliberately intimidating and rowdy behaviour by groups or individuals in public spaces and anti-social street drinking
ASB involving the use of vehicles
Graffiti and vandalism to property
Hate crime - If a person is abused, verbally or physically, because of their ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender, disability or just because they are different then this is a crime or hate incident
Harassment - Repeated attempts to make unwanted contact with a person and those associated with them, which causes a person distress or fear
You can report these cases of ASB in your area by calling 101 or 999 in an emergency.

ASB dealt with by your local council

The following issues should be dealt with by your local council:

Neighbour or housing related ASB reported to councils in their capacity as social landlords
Environmental noise nuisance
Public space vandalism
Littering/fly-tipping – the illegal dumping of waste

You can report these cases of ASB in your area to Hull City Council

Phone: 01482 300300

Criminal Damage

Criminal damage refers to crimes where a person intentionally or recklessly destroys or causes damage to another person's property. This can include graffiti, arson, vehicle damage, as well as other forms of vandalism. Criminal damage usually affects households, vehicles, commercial premises and public areas. This can cause distress to victims, increasing the fear of crime and cause unsafe environments in which to live. Interventions to make criminal damage harder to commit are used throughout the year, but especially in the summer months, when this crime type is more common. Crime prevention can help reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of criminal damage.
Residents will see an increase in Patrols in problem areas, who will record the details of any young people who are engaging in anti-social behaviour. They will then either escort the individual home or contact their parents or guardians, so they can collect them.

Written communication will be sent to the parents or guardians of the individual, informing them of the behaviour and potential consequences. If a young person receives a warning letter then a meeting may be triggered to look at further tools to deal with the behaviour, for example Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABCs). 
‘Do you know where your children are?’

ASB threatens our communities in so many ways and Humberside Police is firmly committed to a no-nonsense approach to eradicating it.
It will also encourage parents to fully appreciate the potential safety implications of groups of young people congregating in unsupervised areas, late at night, without their parent or carer knowing where they are. 

If you use Twitter you can also follow me: @PCDKirkwood
Make a difference in your community – help us to help you!
PC 805 Darren Kirkwood
Drypool Community Beat Manager
Humberside Police
Preston Road Police Station
Emergency – 999
Non-Emergency - 101
Visit our website for crime prevention advice
Links and attachments: Humberside Police will only ever link you to secure web-sites we trust. We will only send you attachments where we believe it is absolutely necessary.
Message sent by
Darren Kirkwood (Police, PC, Hull East NPT)

Message tag words

Back to previous page
Click here to tweet this message to your followers

Discuss this alert message

Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).

The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to

The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service.
My Community Alert footer crest