Community Safety News
Community Action Response in relation to COVID- 19 - five things you can do -
1. Think of others, consider your actions & be kind: People in every community will face the challenges of COVID-19 in some way – from needing basic provisions to help while they are unwell.
2. Connect and reach out to your neighbours: as self-isolation increases, we need to find new ways to stay connected and check in on one another for our physical and mental wellbeing. Share phone numbers and stay in touch.
3. Make the most of local online groups: Keep up to date, share information and be a positive part of your local community conversations using platforms like Nextdoor.
4. Support vulnerable or isolated people: different groups in our communities are at increased risk and social isolation and loneliness are key concerns for all ages. There are things you can do like volunteering for local support services or donating to food banks to help.
5. Share accurate information and advice: Support anyone who may be anxious about COVID-19. Sign post them to the correct advice from Public Health England and encourage people to follow the correct hygiene practices.
Your local policing community team are there when you need us for any advice or assistance, you can contact police on 101 for non emergency or 999 for crimes in action/emergency incidents. Remember there is lots of advice and information on our Humberside Police website.
Links and attachments: Humberside Police will only ever link you to secure web-sites we trust. We will only send you attachments where we believe it is absolutely necessary.