Font Size A A A
My Community Alert logo

White goods might not be the right goods

Alert message sent 03/01/2019 17:09:00

Information sent on behalf of Humberside Fire & Rescue


Two recent fires in the Hull area have once again highlighted the dangers of white goods in the kitchen. 

Crews from Calvert Lane attended two separate house fires in the space of 24 hours as 2018 drew to a close.

Both incidents involved dishwashers which had suffered electrical faults which started fires in the kitchen. Thankfully no-one was injured in either incident, but the two fires demonstrated the importance of following a few simple tips to minimise the risk to life or the home.

White goods such as tumble dryers or dishwashers are a significant fire risk due to their high wattage, friction and motors. Ensure they are bought from a reputable source and always follow manufacturers instructions. 

Find out more on our website by clicking here.

 

Message sent by
Jonathan Clark (Fire and Rescue Service, Public Safety Communications Manager, Humberside)

Message tag words

Back to previous page
Click here to tweet this message to your followers

Discuss this alert message

Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).

The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to support@neighbourhoodalert.co.uk.

The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service.
 
My Community Alert footer crest